Storyline 360 is one of the award-winning authoring apps in Articulate 360. It’s perfect for creating custom interactivity and immersive learning experiences. And it just keeps getting better!
In just under a year since launch, we’ve added more than 15 major new features to Storyline 360. These features help course developers build better courses more quickly and easily than ever. Articulate 360 subscribers get access to these new features as they’re released.
We’ve compiled a list of some of the new features we’ve added to Storyline 360 this year to help catch you up with all the goodness:
- Text to speech: Speed course development by converting text to speech right in Storyline 360. You can choose the voice and language, so every word sounds perfect.
- Text-to-speech closed captions: Let Storyline 360 do all the work for you to generate closed captions that are automatically synced with text-to-speech narration.
- Object editing enhancements: Size and position objects with pixel-perfect precision. Workflow improvements make it easier than ever to format objects on your slide.
- Fine-tune motion paths: Create perfect motion paths easily with new features that give you more control over how objects move around your slides.
- Detect missing fonts: When you open an existing project, Storyline 360 lets you know if any fonts used in your course are missing from your computer so that you can install or replace them.
- Replace fonts: Quickly replace one font with another throughout your project. Simply choose the font you want to replace and the font you want to use instead. Storyline 360 does the rest.
- Slide layer enhancements: Save time and clicks as you switch between layers by keeping the properties window open. You can also set properties for and duplicate multiple layers at the same time.
Better collaboration (Articulate 360 Teams Plan Only)
- Team slides: Share Storyline 360 content easily with other people on your Articulate 360 Teams plan. The team slides feature lets you upload project templates, share slides that need to be in every course, and give everyone on your team access to reusable slide content, right from within Storyline 360.
- Tables: Tables are an important accessibility feature. In addition to providing structure to text, they communicate how data is organized to screen readers and provide context for learners.
- Closed captions editor: You can create and edit closed captions right within Storyline 360. Adjust imported captions or quickly add new ones with the help of caption placeholders that are already synced with your audio or video content.
- Import closed captions: Import a caption file for each audio track and video in your course to make projects more accessible.
- Custom fonts for closed captions: Complement the visual design of your course by using custom fonts for your closed captions.
- Toggle closed captions on and off: Use triggers to toggle captions on and off when you build your own custom course navigation.
New options for creating interactive, engaging content
- Random numbers variable: Use the random numbers variable to easily build math problems, present learners with randomly selected content, and add gaming elements to your courses.
- New dial style: With the dial interaction in Storyline 360, learners can manipulate data, explore cause-and-effect relationships, and control other objects. The built-in dial style gives you more options for creating beautiful dial interactions easily.
- 2+ million new Content Library images, videos, icons, templates, and characters: Access new Content Library assets right from Storyline 360. They’re are royalty-free with no attribution required.
You can experience these new features for yourself with a free, 30-day trial of Articulate 360. In addition to Storyline 360, Articulate 360 includes Rise for building fully responsive courses fast, 8.3+ million course assets, an easy-to-use review app, and live online training led by industry experts.