Buzzword bingo games offer a playful way to poke fun at one’s industry by highlighting overused buzzwords and catchphrases. Not only do the games give insiders a chance to commiserate over the misuse of meaningful concepts, but they also help newbies identify general terms and areas they should learn more about. It’s a win-win for everyone!
Since our industry’s largest conference is just around the corner, it’s a perfect time to create our E-Learning Buzzword Bingo cards. But first, let's look at some examples of interactive bingo games from our challenge five years ago.
Pantone Color of the Year Bingo
How well can you recognize twenty years of Pantone's annual color picks? Give this quiz-based bingo game a try and see how many Pantone colors of the year you can recognize.
UKLA Heroes Bingo
One of the things I like about the challenge is how the community inspires and supports one another. After viewing Jackie's example, Ridvan created a version that leveraged layout ideas from Jackie's example. Ridvan's game features a comic-themed design and includes a countdown timer and sound effects.
Challenge of the Week
This week, your challenge is to create an e-learning buzzword bingo card or interaction.
Your bingo card doesn’t need to be interactive — static is totally fine if you’d rather work on your graphics skills this week. Just share your bingo card in .pdf format so others can print and play.
Possible game themes and ideas
- SME Bingo
- Course Review Bingo
- Freelance Bingo
- Instructional Design Bingo
- Conference Bingo
- Project Management Bingo
- Gamification Bingo
Share Your E-Learning Work
- Comments: Use the comments section below to share a link to your published example and blog post.
- Forums: Start your own thread and share a link to your published example..
- Personal blog: If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We’ll link back to your posts so the great work you’re sharing gets even more exposure.
- Social Media: If you share your demos on Twitter or LinkedIn, try using #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can track your e-learning coolness.
Last Week’s Challenge:
To help you train for this week’s challenge, check out the interactive 360° image examples your fellow challengers shared in last week’s games:
New to the E-Learning Challenges?
The weekly e-learning challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challenges anytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.