Having problem with "conditional" navigation
Recently converted a course built in 09 to 13 and have the navigation conditions set the same for when the user fails the final quiz but it isn't working correctly in 13. Here's the setup of the last 4 slides in the course:
Slide 38 - Final Quiz
Slide 39 - Overview (failed quiz)
Slide 40 - Success (passed quiz)
Slide 41 - Certificate of Completion
The way the navigation is supposed to work if user passes quiz:
- The Next button on the Final Quiz (38) takes the user to the Success slide (40). The user can then navigate to Slide 41.
The way the navigation is supposed to work if user fails quiz:
- Can retry quiz by clicking the appropriate button
- Can click the Finish button, which directs the user to the Overview slide (39)
- From Slide 39, the user can click either a link on the slide or the Next button to navigate to the beginning of the course (Slide 4)
- If users opt to go to the beginning of the course and again have access to the Menu links, they still are prevented from access Slides 40 and 41 if they click on those slide links in the Menu since they haven't passed the quiz.
The problem is, when the Final Quiz property User May View Slides After Quiz is set to After Passing Quiz, the user can't leave the quiz and advance to Slide 39 - Overview. This is how that set in the 09 copy of the course, and the user is able to leave the quiz.
If I change the Final Quiz property User May View Slides After Quiz to After Completing the Quiz, then if users opts to go back to the beginning of the course to review, they can now access Slides 40 and 41 by clicking on the slide links in the Menu despite not having passed the Final Quiz.
I can't figure out how to keep the users from accessing accessing those last 2 slides (40-41) if they fail the quiz and then go back and review the course material. They should never be able to access Slides 40 and 41 until they've passed the Final Quiz. I'm not sure if there's something I missed with the settings.
I'm using Presenter 13 (Update 1) with PowerPoint 2010 (Version 14.0.7106.5003/32-bit).
Some screenshots of the quiz settings and slide properties