Zoom Picture not Working Storyline 360

I just ran into this issue. When I replaced a picture on layer Inspect that had zoom picture, even though I reapplied the zoom picture it does not work when I preview the slide.

The previous version still works on layer IDBack, but not this layer.

See the attached slide example. I can do a work around but would prefer to have it work this way. Thank you.

5 Replies
Katie Riggio

Good morning, Jeffrey! 

Thanks for sharing your setup and experience with us. I saw the same behavior on the first license photo when previewing the 'Inspect' layer in Storyline 360.

The Zoom option will appear during preview and after publish only after an image is resized to be smaller than the size at which it was initially inserted. It looks like the original 318x210 image was added and not resized, which disabled that option.

From there, I resized the troublesome photo > reinserted it back into the project > added the Zoom Picture function. 

Check out this short video to see the troubleshooting, and the modified file is attached below. Let me know how it works on your end!

Jeffrey Riley

Katie, thanks for the reply and the information.

Interestingly enough, I may have done this accidentally as I worked with the file because it works for me now. I note that the other examples I created are working now as well.

At least, if the others have problems I now know the solution. Thanks Katie.