Articulate MOOC - Penny for your thoughts?
As there are so many Articulate Storyline and other product users, wouldn't it be an option for Articulate to host a MOOC in addition to f2f conferences and events?
Then everyone regardless of the country they live in. (i.e. New Zealand, UK, South Africa) would be able to participate and develop those skills that can be applied using Articulate products.
Those users could then benefit from working with other members of the community and building up their skills and sharing their experiences of creating courses with Storyline etc.
And as a MOOC is normally used for large numbers then have a look at the number of members in the E-Learning Heroes Community:
I think that many getting involved would surely benefit Articulate and all its user base.
This is a thought experiment which I considered when I saw the thread posted by Chris Perez here:
Chris listed the following courses as being useful:
- Getting started with Storyline
- Using variables to create multi-language courses
- Different uses for variables within a course
- Developing courses specifically for mobile (phones/tablets)
- Creating custom characters/graphics*
- Creating interesting menus*
- Creating custom menus/navigation (ideas on different UIs that can be created)
- Incorporating gamification using Storyline/Presenter
- Creating interesting drag and drop activities*
- Creating a portfolio site with Wordpress*
- Recording using Storyline (simulations, screen recordings, best practices, etc.)
And the 2 myself and my colleague have already drafted:
- Creative storyboard writing (with dry content)
- Creating custom graphics/imagery, including ideas for animations using Storyline/Presenter (and doing it on the cheap /with a small team/no team)
We already know that E-Learning Heroes Community members are interested in contributing towards learning.
Penny for your thoughts?