If U have(or wanna start) an Articulate user group, c'mon in here!
Often when we connect with folks in the Articulate community, we hear about how some of you are getting together with other Articulate users to form shared-practice communities -- these are groups of folks who work in the same company, industry, or geographic location, and they meet up to share ideas, tips, & e-learning examples. We love to hear about stuff like that! A great example is the WebJunction group, coordinated by Kathleen Gesinger.
We thought it would be cool to start a thread for folks to share what their groups are doing, what's working, & what's not. This way, other folks in the community who are in similar groups, or who want to start one, can benefit.
So, chime in with your wisdom (or your questions!) on topics such as:
- How frequently do you meet, and for how long?
- Do you meet in person, or virtually? Or both? Any pros/cons to share about that?
- What sorts of things do you include in your agenda? Or is it more of an informal, jam-session type of get-together?
- How have people in the group benefited from exchanging ideas & tips?
- What are your best tips for folks who want to start a group? If you have a group now, what would you do differently if you were to do it over again?