10 Replies
Eileen Fernandez-Parker

I'm having the same issue.  I had captions embedded, but they weren't playing, and there was no CC box on the video. 

So I also uploaded a VTT file.  Now, I have the CC box, and it shows Captions OFF and English CC.  I don't know what to do to get the captions to start.  When I click on Captions OFF it changes from a white to a black background.  No captions appear in either status.

Thanks for any help you can give,

Eileen

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Eileen! You should see an option for the language of the closed captions when you click the CC button. Click the language, and the captions should appear:

Let me know if that option isn't working for you! You can share a link to your course in your reply, or connect with us privately by clicking here.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Eileen! A VTT file is a special type of file generated by third-party captioning services, such as YouTube, Amara, and 3PlayMedia. 

You can create a .vtt file in a snap by uploading your video to YouTube and using their automatic captioning feature (this works on private and public videos). Once captions have been generated, export the .vtt file. Keep in mind that automatic captions are created by machine algorithms and may not be as accurate as a professional captioning service. 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Eileen!

I was able to get your VTT file to work in Rise 360 by making a few adjustments:

1. Delete the numeral above each time code (shown below in red)
  2. Replace the commas in each time code with a period (shown below in blue)

After making those changes, the VTT file should look like this:

The file I attached includes updates for the first 4 captions. Try uploading this to your Rise video and let me know if you can see the first 4 captions correctly. You'll want to continue those changes for the remaining captions in that file. 

Karen Parker-Peters

Hi, I'm also having an issue with closed captioning showing in Rise. I used Storyline to create the captioning, exported the cc file from Storyline, then uploaded the file to the video in Rise. The cc doesn't show when playing the video.

I don't want to use a Storyline block since if I set it to medium or full width, the quality isn't as crisp as an mp4. 

Thanks for your help!

Renz Sevilla

Hi Karen! Thanks for reaching out!

Is there a CC button in the video player when you try to view the video? If there is, are you able to select a language for the captions to appear?

If you don't see this and are still having trouble, please send us a copy of your Rise 360 course and a copy of the VTT file by submitting a case here. Our support engineers are standing by to assist!