In today’s world, where we’re all glued to our mobile phones, we rely on apps in our daily lives to perform all kinds of tasks. We use them to do everything from shopping for groceries to ordering takeout … and for learning. It should come as no surprise that app-inspired design is hot right now.
That’s why we asked the E-Learning Heroes community to share their best examples of app-style navigation and design. Here are some of our appsolute favorites:
- This mobile app-inspired course by Ian Butler demonstrates one way to deliver a lot of information in a clear and concise way.
- Take a look at this sleek app-inspired example on the topic of HIPAA by Montse. It uses a tabbed design and Content Library 360 characters, and even includes a handy “check up” quiz.
- Magic Johnson’s example course on all things information security brings together audio and graphics to create an engaging app-like experience.
- Check out Mark Bennett’s simple and clean app-like example for ideas on experimenting with slider-based menu design.
- Here’s a tablet-inspired example from Tracy Carroll that’ll have you taking a break from your device screens … at least every once in a while.
If you’re feeling inspired to share a project with the E-Learning Heroes community, join in the fun by participating in an e-learning challenge. Want to connect with other e-learning pros and get a steady stream of design inspiration? Add your voice to the conversation in the Building Better Courses forum.