Breaking down medical topics to create e-learning that’s engaging, simple to follow, and easy to understand can be tricky. That’s because medical topics can be super complex, awkward and uncomfortable to discuss—or just plain scary.
The good news is that you can take the intimidation factor out of medical training. You can even make it fun! But don’t take our word for it. These inspiring examples and downloads created by the talented E-Learning Heroes community are full of clever ideas. They’re sleek, entertaining, and, in some cases, downright cute. Take a look:
- Ever wonder if you were actually washing your hands the right way? Find out with this educational Rise 360 example from Tracy Carroll.
- Samara Reyneke created this slick Storyline example, which shares healthy tips for making the most of your time at home.
- See if you really know how long 20 seconds is in this fun and clever handwashing game created by David McEachan.
- This illustrated assessment by Nancy Woinoski uses your answers to a series of life questions to determine your life expectancy.
- Jackie Van Nice shows how to handle a bee sting in this cute and colorful example course.
- This handwashing course by Paul Alders uses a fun illustrated character and a creative quiz to test your understanding of the steps for proper handwashing.
- Looking for a medical-themed course starter with sleek design? This Storyline download created by Montse is the perfect choice.
- This course on carefully removing medical gear by Christine Hounsham cleverly uses triggers, states, and layers to share important safety information.
- If you need to create a course on the fly, Allison Lamotte’s got you covered with this modern medical template set.
- Tracy Parrish shares a clever way to check learner knowledge of medical policies in this fill-in-the blank example.
- Check out Dianne Hope’s creative slider use in this course on psychological development.
- In another example of sliders, this cool interaction by Tom Kuhlmann gives learners a tour of the human body.
The inspiration doesn’t stop here—connect with other e-learning pros and find more course design ideas in the Building Better Courses forum. And if you’re feeling inspired to share some of your own work with the community, check out these E-Learning Challenges and see what piques your interest.